top of page

Gas and 

Electrical Safety Checks & Certificates

We at NC Inventories offer both gas and electrical safety checks and certificates undertaken by qualified and licensed engineers.

Do I need an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)?

If you are a landlord and privately rent out a property in England from 1st June 2020 you will be legally required to carry out and electrical Installation condition Report. This will apply to all new tenancy agreements from 1st July 2020 and all existing tenancy agreements from 1st April 2021.

As a minimum, an electrical safety inspection must be carried out before the tenancy starts, and during the tenancy at intervals of no more than 5 years from the date of the previous inspection. A copy of the most recent report must be provided to the tenants. 

Do I need a Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)?

Yes, if you are a landlord and rent out your property it is a legal requirement to have a Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) for all the gas appliances that belong to you. You will need to renew the certificate annually.



          Studio       1bed         2bed        3bed           4bed            5bed


EICR           £135       £140       £140        £150          £160         £ 170  

CP12           £        £       £        £          £         £

bottom of page