top of page

Gas & Electrical Safety Checks & Certificates

We at NC Inventories offer gas and electrical safety checks completed by fully qualified and licensed engineers.

Do I need a Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)?

Yes, if you are a landlord and rent out your property it is a legal requirement to have a Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) for all the gas appliances that belong to you. You will need to renew the certificate annually.

Do I need an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)?

If you are a landlord and privately rent out a property in England from 1st June 2020 you will be legally required to carry out an electrical Installation condition report (EICR). This will apply to all new tenancy agreements from 1st July 2020 and all existing tenancy agreements from 1st April 2021.

As a minimum, an electrical safety inspection must be carried out before the tenancy starts and during the tenancy at intervals of no more than 5 years from the date of the previous inspection. A copy of the most recent report must be provided to the tenants.

If your property is an HMO (house of multiple occupancy) you are responsible for ensuring that your properties are electrically safe. This covers any installation in the property that supply electricity, fixtures and fittings and any appliances provided by you under the tenancy. 


£130 - £300



          Studio      1bed         2bed        3bed            4bed            5bed


EICR          £135       £140       £140        £150          £160         £ 170  

CP12         N/A        £195       £225        £250          £275         £300

bottom of page